Tuesday, February 9, 2016

A Pretty Paper Valentine

The final two pieces of my Valentine Centerpieces were a sweet Paper Valentine and a lantern.
I am so in love with these.  I cut the heart using a Sizzix heart box that is 1. No longer available and 2. Sucks to put together. I tried everything I could think of, Googled tutorials, and still couldn't make the box look right. But the top made a beautiful base for a Valentine and because it is a steel ruled die I could cut it from a medium weight cardboard.  I covered the hearts with patterned paper, glued a pink doily to the back, added a fun rosette topped with a wooden heart.   The "love" and tiny heart are cut from  Minc Foiled copy paper.  The "love" is actually Heidi Swapp's "lovely" thin die that I just cut off the "LY".  The gold splatters are Heidi Swapp Color Shine in gold. That stuff is my new obsession.
The final piece is a lantern made using another Tim Holtz Luminary 3-D die.  I added the final flower from the Jumbo Tattered Floral die flowers and a leaf from Garden Greens die.  I used vellum in the windows and pearls on the top.  A battery-operated tea light finished of this project and add a fun element to the centerpiece.  I hear the girls used the tea lights as "lighters" during the musical portion of the dinner which cracked me up.  

That is it...now I need to make Valentine's for my son's class.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments...